Intrigue over anonymous donations
ENVELOPES of cash have been regularly arriving on one woman’s doorstep, posted as anonymous donations to the League of Friends of Clevedon Hospital.
Over just more than a week, three packages have arrived at the home of the group’s chairman, Mary House, each containing �100 in cash but with no note to say who they are from.
Each envelope was addressed in the same hand writing and each contained five �20 notes.
Friends chairman Mary House said: “It is amazing. Most people put a note in to say who a donation is from but this person obviously wants to remain anonymous.
“They have each arrived a couple of days apart. I am just waiting to see if any more arrive.
You may also want to watch:
“The money is greatly appreciated as we will have to be raising even more money when the new hospital is built in Clevedon.”
The League of Friends of Clevedon Hospital is made up of volunteers who work year-round to raise money toward extra equipment and furnishings for the hospital in Old Street, which cannot be paid for by the NHS.
- 1 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 2 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 4 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 5 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 8 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 9 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 10 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
The money is also used to pay for refreshments for patients and staff.
In the past year, the friends has put �44,500 to such good uses.
Once the new hospital in Millcross is built, the friends will continue to fund additional equipment and furnishings there using donations from the public.
Group member Viv Stokes said: “We never get anonymous donations.
“We want to acknowledge the donation and say thank you.”