In pictures: Portishead Victorian evening
PEOPLE flocked to Portishead’s High Street for the town’s Victorian Evening.
The traditional street fair which dates back more than 30 years saw the High Street lined with stalls, sideshows and children’s rides. Scores of people got in to the spirit of things and dressed in Victorian costume and traders tempted customers with mulled wine, mince pies and other festive fair.
Portishead Concert Band, Highly Strung fiddle band and carol singers from Elim and St Peter’s churches entertained the crowds, while young people from Portishead Youth Club provided street dancing.
Churches Together gave people the chance to dress up and take part in a nativity scene.
The Victorian Evening is one of the main fundraising activities for the town’s Christmas lights.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “Despite a few showers, the town came out to support the Victorian Evening. The overwhelming support we get for this event reflects the community spirit we have here in Portishead.”
* For more pictures click on the link at the top right of this story.
- 1 Portishead awarded GreenSeas Trust bin to tackle plastic pollution
- 2 Gorgeous three-bedroom character cottage in rural area, with annexe
- 3 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 4 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 New bike shelter opened at Weston General Hospital for Clean Air Day
- 7 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 8 Portishead Summer Show announces 2021 dates
- 9 Circus Funtasia comes to Clevedon
- 10 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset