In pictures: Pill Regatta
MARITIME fun was had by all during the annual Pill Regatta on Saturday.
Rowing races were held on the River Avon while crowds of onlookers watched from the river bank.
On the green, revellers also had the chance to enjoy stalls, games, drinks and a barbecue.
Live music from Grapevine, Luke Derrick and One Night Stand also saw many people dancing into the night.
Regatta committee member Liz Moor said: “The event went very well - the weather wasn’t great but it stayed dry.
“A good time was had by all with dancing on the green until midnight and beyond.
“The number of boats entered was down on previous years, which was disappointing, but this could have been down to the weather and the fact it was a late tide this year.”
- 1 Councillors hit back at proposed bus cuts in North Somerset
- 2 Help reunite owner of lost photo found in charity shop purse
- 3 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 4 Bus companies to face Portishead residents at fourth meeting
- 5 Woman dies after collision in Clevedon
- 6 No dentist in North Somerset is accepting new NHS patients, study shows
- 7 Pictures: Clevedon care home celebrates summer fete
- 8 More than 20 people fined for discarding fags and off-lead dogs
- 9 Help prevent fires in hot weather, brigade urges
- 10 'Extreme heat' warning issued for Somerset
* To see more pictures from the regatta visit our online gallery at www.northsomersettimes.co.uk