In pictures: Pill Regatta
MARITIME fun was had by all during the annual Pill Regatta on Saturday.
Rowing races were held on the River Avon while crowds of onlookers watched from the river bank.
On the green, revellers also had the chance to enjoy stalls, games, drinks and a barbecue.
Live music from Grapevine, Luke Derrick and One Night Stand also saw many people dancing into the night.
Regatta committee member Liz Moor said: “The event went very well - the weather wasn’t great but it stayed dry.
You may also want to watch:
“A good time was had by all with dancing on the green until midnight and beyond.
“The number of boats entered was down on previous years, which was disappointing, but this could have been down to the weather and the fact it was a late tide this year.”
- 1 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 2 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 4 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 5 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 8 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 9 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 10 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
* To see more pictures from the regatta visit our online gallery at www.northsomersettimes.co.uk