In pictures: Pill Regatta
MARITIME fun was had by all during the annual Pill Regatta on Saturday.
Rowing races were held on the River Avon while crowds of onlookers watched from the river bank.
On the green, revellers also had the chance to enjoy stalls, games, drinks and a barbecue.
Live music from Grapevine, Luke Derrick and One Night Stand also saw many people dancing into the night.
Regatta committee member Liz Moor said: “The event went very well - the weather wasn’t great but it stayed dry.
You may also want to watch:
“A good time was had by all with dancing on the green until midnight and beyond.
“The number of boats entered was down on previous years, which was disappointing, but this could have been down to the weather and the fact it was a late tide this year.”
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 3 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 4 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 5 Special school expansion progress
- 6 Nailsea Cricket Club start senior nets for new season
- 7 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 8 North Somerset and Somerset libraries reopen this week
- 9 Families enjoy Easter donkey tale trail at church
- 10 Portishead coach firm launches post-lockdown getaways this summer
* To see more pictures from the regatta visit our online gallery at www.northsomersettimes.co.uk