In pictures: Hundreds attend Victorian evening
HUNDREDS of people flocked to Portishead High Street on Friday for the annual Victorian Evening.
The town centre was filled with stalls, old fashioned rides and sideshows and scores of people dressed in Victorian costume to tempt customers with mulled wine, mince pies and other festive fayre.
The event is organised each year by members of Portishead Christmas Lights committee and dates back more than 30 years.
Chairman Stuart Hamer said it was a very good evening.
The event is one of the main fundraising activities for the town’s fabulous illuminations.
You may also want to watch:
* For more pictures click on the gallery link at the top right of this story.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 3 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Green light for active travel scheme
- 6 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 7 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 8 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 9 Charming period house with pretty gardens and coastal views
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week