In pictures: Hundreds attend Victorian evening
HUNDREDS of people flocked to Portishead High Street on Friday for the annual Victorian Evening.
The town centre was filled with stalls, old fashioned rides and sideshows and scores of people dressed in Victorian costume to tempt customers with mulled wine, mince pies and other festive fayre.
The event is organised each year by members of Portishead Christmas Lights committee and dates back more than 30 years.
Chairman Stuart Hamer said it was a very good evening.
The event is one of the main fundraising activities for the town’s fabulous illuminations.
You may also want to watch:
* For more pictures click on the gallery link at the top right of this story.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 4 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style