In pictures: Gordano School rag
HALLOWEEN came early at a Portishead school as students teamed up to raise funds for charity.
After weeks of preparation, sixth form students at Gordano School launched their rag week with a programme of events aimed at raising money for the Portishead lifeboat and CICRA, a charity researching Crohn’s disease in children.
Although each day had a different theme, the Halloween rag fair, where zombies, ghouls and pumpkins set up different stalls and games for the rest of the school to take part in, proved one of the most popular events.
The lunchtime activities ranged from apple bobbing to leg waxing and attracted record crowds.
Other events during the week included a concert, quiz and bucket collections in Portishead High Street.
You may also want to watch:
Although the cash is still being counted, a spokesman for the rag committee said they are hopeful of reaching their �3,000 target.
* For more pictures click on the link at the top right of this story.
- 1 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 2 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 3 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 4 Clevedon girl, 4, wins music award
- 5 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 6 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 7 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 8 Portishead awarded GreenSeas Trust bin to tackle plastic pollution
- 9 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 10 Plans for housing on Backwell fields take step forward