In pictures: Festival success
ORGANISERS of Portishead festival week have hailed the event a huge success.
Music, dance and laughter dominated the seven day programme which also included comedy, photograph and art exhibitions, floral art and play readings.
More than 20 events took place over the past week starting on September 20 with a church flower festival, barn dance, Rock Project open night and open microphone event.
An evening of Irish music and dance at the Folk Hall proved exceptionally popular as did a folk night with songs from the Gordano Valley at Portishead Youth Centre. Dance schools joined in the festival offering free classes to members of the public, while members of the top 90s band Ocean Colour Scene made an appearance at Portishead Workingman’s Club.
A spokesman for the festival week said: “Lots of people came out to support the different events and we see this as the beginning of bigger and better things for Portishead. The festival committee is wasting no time and will start working on next year’s events as soon as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
Portishead Festival group will hold its first annual meeting on October 1 at Yew Tree Cottage, Clevedon Lane, Clapton-in-Gordano at 7.30pm.
Anyone interested in joining the committee or taking part in next year’s festival is invited to attend.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 3 Nailsea & Tickenham maintain unbeaten start with comfortable win over Chard
- 4 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 5 North Somerset Arts Week is huge success
- 6 School athletics tracks gets eco-friendly floodlight boost
- 7 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 8 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 9 The Subways to perform at Bristol O2 Academy
- 10 Gordano RFC edge out Clevedon RFC to maintain perfect start to season