In pictures: Barn’s wedding fair success
THE first wedding fair at Nailsea’s newly-refurbished Tithe Barn proved a great success.
On Saturday, the medieval building was filled with many North Somerset exhibitors including cake makers, photographers, florists and wedding car companies.
Live performances were given by a pianist, singer and barn dance band and there were catwalk shows of the many wedding dresses stocked by Clevedon’s CLIC Sargent charity shop in Old Street.
About 130 people attended, soaking in the atmosphere and finding out what North Somerset has to offer for their special day.
The Tithe Barn’s vice-chairman of trustees, Alison Boddy, said: “We were really pleased with how it went.
“There was a really great atmosphere with the catwalk shows and live music.
“It was nice to have the support for the local businesses.
- 1 Town council submits complaint over 'financially flawed' appropriation of land
- 2 PICTURES: Festival of light at Clevedon Marine Lake
- 3 50 arrests made in SIX DAYS after launch of Christmas drink-driving campaign
- 4 Storm Barra expected to bring high winds to South West
- 5 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 6 Meet the new leader of the Somerset Chamber of Commerce
- 7 PICTURES: Eat Nailsea festive food festival
- 8 Somerset counselling service gets £5,000 cash boost
- 9 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 10 'I walked into a full-blown argument': Estate agent considering valuation charge for DIVORCING COUPLES
“We also had quite a bit of interest in the barn as a wedding venue.”