In pictures: A-level results day
NERVOUS and excited teenagers opened their all-important A-level results on Thursday to determine the next step in their education or working life.
Across North Somerset, the overall pass rate totalled 98.4 per cent, down from 2011’s figure of 98.7 per cent.
However, the percentage of exams passed with grades A*-C went up to 75.9 per cent, compared with last year’s figure of 75.2 per cent.
Overall pass rates saw Gordano School in Porishead come out on top in the Times coverage area with a total of 99 per cent.
The top performers in the whole of North Somerset were at Weston College, which achieved a 99.7 per cent overall pass rate.
You may also want to watch:
Below is a list of the overall pass rates for the schools in our area:
- 1 Portishead awarded GreenSeas Trust bin to tackle plastic pollution
- 2 Gorgeous three-bedroom character cottage in rural area, with annexe
- 3 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 4 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 New bike shelter opened at Weston General Hospital for Clean Air Day
- 7 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 8 Portishead Summer Show announces 2021 dates
- 9 Circus Funtasia comes to Clevedon
- 10 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
St Katherine’s: 97.3
*Click on the links at the top right of this story for reports and pictures from each school’s results day.
A full rundown of results by pupils’ names will be included in a special exam supplement to be published in the Times on August 29.