Imogen to turn on festive lights?
PEOPLE in Portishead are calling for talented gymnast Imogen Cairns to turn on this year’s Christmas lights.
Several have already contacted Portishead Christmas Lights Committee suggesting the 21-year-old, who lives in the Village Quarter and who trains at the town’s Harbour Road Academy, is the ideal VIP to flick the switch.
The gold medallist who picked up two golds and a team silver in the Commonwealth Games in Delhi earlier this month, is currently in Rotterdam for the World Championships.
It is expected that a member of the lights committee will contact her upon her return.
Another VIP expected at the Portishead switch on this year is the Lion’s Mascot.
You may also want to watch:
The Lions Club of Portishead is currently running a competition through local schools to select a name for the impressive life-sized mascot.
He, along with a host of local celebrities and the town’s ‘royal family’, are expected at the switch-on which takes place at the High Street Precinct at about 6.30pm on November 29.
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 3 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 4 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 5 Special school expansion progress
- 6 Nailsea Cricket Club start senior nets for new season
- 7 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 8 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 9 North Somerset and Somerset libraries reopen this week
- 10 Holloway helps Northern Ireland women make history after qualifying for Euro 2022