Hunt for cinema memorabilia
ITEMS portraying the history of Clevedon’s Curzon cinema are being sought for a new exhibition.
Once work to revamp the cinema in Old Church Road is complete, the cinema’s upper gallery area will feature a range of displays on different aspects of The Curzon Community Cinema and its history.
One area will focus on items of memorabilia and promotional items, and the cinema is looking for donations to boost the collection.
Curzon director Gareth Negus said: “We have quite a lot of interesting items from the past ten years or so, since the building was taken over by the Curzon charity, but we would really like to supplement these with some from earlier decades.
“We’re looking for any cinema promotional items, souvenirs or collectible items that people are prepared to donate.”
You may also want to watch:
Gareth is also keen to hear from anyone with film footage or photographs showing the Curzon between the late 1920s an 1990s.
The Curzon’s education and learning coordinator, Cathy Poole, is looking for people who are willing to share their stories and experiences of the cinema.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 9 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 10 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
Anyone with items to donate should call the cinema on 01275 879115 or email@example.com
Anyone wanting to contribute to the memories project should call Cathy on the same number or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org