Hunt for cinema memorabilia
ITEMS portraying the history of Clevedon’s Curzon cinema are being sought for a new exhibition.
Once work to revamp the cinema in Old Church Road is complete, the cinema’s upper gallery area will feature a range of displays on different aspects of The Curzon Community Cinema and its history.
One area will focus on items of memorabilia and promotional items, and the cinema is looking for donations to boost the collection.
Curzon director Gareth Negus said: “We have quite a lot of interesting items from the past ten years or so, since the building was taken over by the Curzon charity, but we would really like to supplement these with some from earlier decades.
“We’re looking for any cinema promotional items, souvenirs or collectible items that people are prepared to donate.”
You may also want to watch:
Gareth is also keen to hear from anyone with film footage or photographs showing the Curzon between the late 1920s an 1990s.
The Curzon’s education and learning coordinator, Cathy Poole, is looking for people who are willing to share their stories and experiences of the cinema.
- 1 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 2 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 3 PICTURES: Lions charity surprises Clevedon residents
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 6 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 7 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 8 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 9 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 10 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
Anyone with items to donate should call the cinema on 01275 879115 or email@example.com
Anyone wanting to contribute to the memories project should call Cathy on the same number or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org