Hunt for cinema memorabilia
ITEMS portraying the history of Clevedon’s Curzon cinema are being sought for a new exhibition.
Once work to revamp the cinema in Old Church Road is complete, the cinema’s upper gallery area will feature a range of displays on different aspects of The Curzon Community Cinema and its history.
One area will focus on items of memorabilia and promotional items, and the cinema is looking for donations to boost the collection.
Curzon director Gareth Negus said: “We have quite a lot of interesting items from the past ten years or so, since the building was taken over by the Curzon charity, but we would really like to supplement these with some from earlier decades.
“We’re looking for any cinema promotional items, souvenirs or collectible items that people are prepared to donate.”
Gareth is also keen to hear from anyone with film footage or photographs showing the Curzon between the late 1920s an 1990s.
The Curzon’s education and learning coordinator, Cathy Poole, is looking for people who are willing to share their stories and experiences of the cinema.
- 1 Monthly disco returns for people with disabilities in North Somerset
- 2 Al-fresco summer concert in Clevedon this weekend
- 3 The Hub to host open day in Portishead
- 4 CCTV image released as police hunt missing teenager Tammy
- 5 Weston MP says Number 10 has 'not been honest' over Pincher scandal
- 6 COURT RESULTS: Speeding woman, 71, banned from driving
- 7 Help improve North Somerset's water quality with hands-on science event
- 8 Nailsea & Tickenham open pre-season with victory over Winscombe
- 9 Backwell art group to host exhibition
- 10 VIDEO: Coastguard airlifts two people from Clevedon waters
Anyone with items to donate should call the cinema on 01275 879115 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyone wanting to contribute to the memories project should call Cathy on the same number or email her at email@example.com