Huge festive fair in Clevedon
CLEVEDON’S town centre will be awash with festive cheer on Saturday when Christmas lights are turned on and a huge fair is held.
The lights in Queens Square and Old Church Road will be turned on by Father Christmas at 5pm.
After that, a fair organised by Clevedon Pride will run throughout the evening and many shops in the town centre will stay open until 9pm.
There will be a fun fair as well as entertainment from carol singers, bell ringers and junior groups.
Old Church Road and Station Road will be closed and numerous stalls will be set up selling a huge range of crafts, gifts and festive food.
Proceeds from the event will got toward paying for the Christmas lights and also the work Clevedon Pride carries out in the community.
- 1 Fatal collision in Clevedon leaves man in his 70s dead
- 2 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 3 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 4 Clevedon B&M redevelopment approved, despite hundreds of objections
- 5 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 6 Lovell's heroics ensure Clevedon Town pick up draw with Ilfracombe Town
- 7 Man to run half marathon for cancer charity
- 8 How Somerset's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 New Mercury and Times editor appointed
- 10 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam