Huge festive fair first
FAIR rides, stalls and performers will fill Clevedon’s town centre when the festive lights are turned on this year.
Clevedon Pride, a group formed to promote and improve Queens Square and the surrounding area, is organising a huge Christmas fair to be held on November 27.
The lights in Queens Square and Old Church Road will be turned on by Father Christmas at 5pm and after that a fair will run throughout the evening and many shops will stay open until 9pm.
A fun fair will see a number of rides on offer for both young and old to enjoy, including the dodgems and a helter skelter.
Old Church Road and Station Road will be closed and numerous stalls will be set up selling a huge range of crafts, gifts and festive food.
You may also want to watch:
Entertainment will also be put on during the event with carol singers, bell ringers and junior groups performing.
There may even be a snow machine for the children to enjoy.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 4 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 5 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 6 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 7 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 8 How to order free Covid home tests
- 9 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 10 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
This is the first year such a huge event has been held in Clevedon’s town centre and organisers hope it will be a great success.
Clevedon Pride member Julie Bisacre said: “The whole of Clevedon will be buzzing.
“The event will be ten times bigger than it has been before and we hope it will be the best festive event in the town this year.”
Proceeds from the fair will go toward paying for the Christmas lights and also the work Clevedon Pride carries out to maintain and improve the town centre.
* Anyone who would like to hold a stall at the event should call Mike Bisacre on 01275 874097.