Brownies give street names to new housing development
- Credit: Curo
Roads at a new housing development in a North Somerset have been named by the village's brownies group.
The streets will be named after the sixes from the First Yatton Brownies.
South West housing association, Curo organised the contest for its Eaton Park development.
Sales manager Jodie Winter said: “We would like to thank all residents who have taken the time to send in their suggestions – we loved the contributions and it was a tough call for us and the parish council to choose the winners."
A £200 donation was also made by Curo to the winners as a thank you for their help.
The sixes will use the money to hire a mobile climbing wall and have some fun.
Eaton Park's main road will be named after the troupe's leader - 'Barn Owl' road.
- 1 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 2 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 3 Pretty character cottage in Yatton outskirts
- 4 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 5 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 6 Hotel and wedding venue has seen business surge over summer
- 7 Highland calf born for first time in five years at zoo
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Clevedon to celebrate National Poetry Day
- 10 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
Meanwhile, the other streets will now be named ‘Fox’ Avenue, ‘Rabbit’ Close, ‘Hedgehog’ Way, and ‘Squirrel’ Close.