Brownies give street names to new housing development
- Credit: Curo
Roads at a new housing development in a North Somerset have been named by the village's brownies group.
The streets will be named after the sixes from the First Yatton Brownies.
South West housing association, Curo organised the contest for its Eaton Park development.
Sales manager Jodie Winter said: “We would like to thank all residents who have taken the time to send in their suggestions – we loved the contributions and it was a tough call for us and the parish council to choose the winners."
A £200 donation was also made by Curo to the winners as a thank you for their help.
The sixes will use the money to hire a mobile climbing wall and have some fun.
Eaton Park's main road will be named after the troupe's leader - 'Barn Owl' road.
- 1 A-level results 2022: Backwell School celebrate 'fantastic grades'
- 2 A-level results 2022: Students at Gordano School 'fly high'
- 3 A-level results 2022: 'Outstanding grades' at Clevedon School
- 4 Prestigious new development of one, two and three-bedroom apartments
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 New 24-hour gym to open in Portishead
- 7 Council and First Bus agree to save X5 service
- 8 Lib Dem councillors demand First Bus bosses 'reverse cuts now'
- 9 Backwell solar energy company to expand into Clevedon
- 10 Deal means Portishead to Bristol rail line will open in 2026
Meanwhile, the other streets will now be named ‘Fox’ Avenue, ‘Rabbit’ Close, ‘Hedgehog’ Way, and ‘Squirrel’ Close.