Hospital commons debate this week
A HOUSE of Commons debate on the cancellation of the Clevedon Hospital project is due to be held on Wednesday.
North Somerset MP Dr Liam Fox has requested the adjournment debate in the hope money can be secured for the provision of future healthcare in the area.
Following the decision to cancel the scheme, NHS North Somerset has said it will sell the land it bought at Millcross if it is no longer needed.
Under current regulations, that money, which totals about �1.5million, would be returned to a central health budget. However, Dr Fox wants it to be placed in the local budget for North Somerset.
Wednesday’s debate will allow that issue to be discussed in front of a Government health minister, who Dr Fox hopes will give an assurance that the money will be returned for local provision.
You may also want to watch:
He also hopes the debate will force NHS North Somerset to reveal more information regarding why the project was cancelled.
- 1 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 2 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 3 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 4 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 Clevedon girl, 4, wins music award
- 7 Portishead awarded GreenSeas Trust bin to tackle plastic pollution
- 8 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 9 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 10 Gorgeous three-bedroom character cottage in rural area, with annexe