Hospital commons debate this week
A HOUSE of Commons debate on the cancellation of the Clevedon Hospital project is due to be held on Wednesday.
North Somerset MP Dr Liam Fox has requested the adjournment debate in the hope money can be secured for the provision of future healthcare in the area.
Following the decision to cancel the scheme, NHS North Somerset has said it will sell the land it bought at Millcross if it is no longer needed.
Under current regulations, that money, which totals about �1.5million, would be returned to a central health budget. However, Dr Fox wants it to be placed in the local budget for North Somerset.
Wednesday’s debate will allow that issue to be discussed in front of a Government health minister, who Dr Fox hopes will give an assurance that the money will be returned for local provision.
You may also want to watch:
He also hopes the debate will force NHS North Somerset to reveal more information regarding why the project was cancelled.
- 1 Baby Etta is first to be born at Clevedon MIU
- 2 WIN: Tickets to latest James Bond film
- 3 'Inspiring' turnout for village's Great Big Green Day
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 6 Scholarship competition worth thousands of pounds launched to find area's next stars
- 7 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
- 8 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 9 Cycling club using cameras to improve safety on roads
- 10 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach