Hospice’s Donate It Day
- Credit: Archant
UNWANTED items are being sought to help raise money for Children’s Hospice South West.
The charity, which runs Charlton Farm in Wraxall, will hold a Donate It Day at The Barn off Great Western Road in Clevedon in the hope of encouraging people to take along items such as good quality clothes, shoes, books, toys, games and baby equipment.
The event will run from 10am-3pm on February 9 and all donations will be sold in the charity’s shops to raise funds towards its work with children suffering from life-limiting or life-threatening illnesses and their families.
To attract more people, a cake sale will also be held at The Barn on the same day.
Jane Smith of Children’s Hospice South West said: “Our Donate It Day is the perfect way to do your first good deed of the year with the added bonus of beginning 2013 clutter free.
You may also want to watch:
“Our charity shops raise much-needed funds for CHSW and we rely on donations to keep them fully stocked. “A number of the families that visit Charlton Farm come from the surrounding area so by simply donating unwanted goods you could be supporting a local family.”
- 1 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 2 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 3 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 4 Clevedon girl, 4, wins music award
- 5 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 6 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 7 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 8 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 9 Woodspring Women in hunt for new players over the age of 16 to join their side
- 10 North Somerset Stars lose out to Cheltenham rivals