Hospice plans colourful Rainbow Run
- Credit: CHSW
FUNDRAISERS will complete a charity run in an explosion of colour to help collect cash for a children’s charity.
Children’s Hospice South West, which runs Charlton Farm in Wraxall, will hold the UK’s first ever Rainbow Run on May 19.
To take place at Clifton Downs, the 5km event will see all participants start in a pristine white T-shirt and finish the distance covered in multicoloured, natural powder paints, which they will be showered with along the course.
Similar paint races have proved a huge hit in America and Australia, where they have attracted crowds of up to 30,000 people.
Head of fundraising at Charlton Farm, Karen Edgington said: “The Rainbow Run is the perfect way to celebrate and support the fantastic work that CHSW does raising a smile for local life-limited children.
You may also want to watch:
“The Rainbow Run is all about having fun and trying something different.”
To enter for £10 visit www.chsw.org.uk/rainbowrun or call 01275 866600.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 4 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 5 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 8 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 9 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 10 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?