Take part in Rainbow Run for children's hospice
- Credit: Colin Rayner
Fundraisers can take part in a Rainbow Run this weekend to raise money for a children's charity.
Children's Hospice South West (CHSW), in Wraxall, is inviting people to take part in the event virtually this weekend to raise money for children with life-limiting conditions.
Before Covid, the Rainbow Run was held at North Somerset Showground, but last year the event went virtual due to the pandemic.
Fundraisers can don a bright outfit, choose their own route and complete it however they wish - by skipping, running, walking, skating or riding.
CHSW hopes to raise £30,000 for Charlton Farm, which currently supports more than 200 families whose children have been diagnosed with a life-limiting condition.
Kiley Pearce, event fundraiser at CHSW said: “We were overwhelmed by the amount of people that got involved last year. We could see from social media that everyone really embraced the fun and colour that the Rainbow Run is all about.”
It is free to take part but CHSW is asking everyone to register on its website to ensure they have access to event information and free resources.
- 1 A-level results 2022: Backwell School celebrate 'fantastic grades'
- 2 A-level results 2022: Students at Gordano School 'fly high'
- 3 A-level results 2022: 'Outstanding grades' at Clevedon School
- 4 Prestigious new development of one, two and three-bedroom apartments
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 New 24-hour gym to open in Portishead
- 7 Council and First Bus agree to save X5 service
- 8 Lib Dem councillors demand First Bus bosses 'reverse cuts now'
- 9 Deal means Portishead to Bristol rail line will open in 2026
- 10 Backwell solar energy company to expand into Clevedon
If participants raise £15 or more in sponsorship they will be sent a 30th anniversary commemorative medal after the event.