Homecoming for X Factor’s George Shelley?
TEENAGE X Factor star George Shelley and his band Union J could be visiting Clevedon next week if they make it through to the show’s grand final.
The former Weston College student and the band found themselves in the bottom two for the third time last Sunday and went head to head with Essex boy Rylan Clark.
But Union J were saved by the judges – with three votes to one - after their cover of Snow Patrol’s Chasing Cars.
This weekend 19-year-old George, of Clevedon, and his band mates will sing for their place in the final and battle it out against James Arthur, Jahmene Douglas and Christopher Maloney.
If Union J gain enough votes from the public and make it to the final stage of the popular ITV1 show they will make a visit to each of their hometowns for a special performance.
You may also want to watch:
George, who left his job at Costa Coffee in Weston’s High Street to persue his X Factor career, and the band will be performing two songs of their choice in this week’s semi-final show on Saturday.
And if successful, their legions of fans could see them make a visit to Clevedon to give a live performance.
- 1 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
- 2 Work to start on Nailsea housing development this summer
- 3 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 4 Protest outside MP's office over police and crime bill
- 5 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 6 Sprawling country house with grounds and outbuildings
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 9 North Somerset to host hot air balloon race
- 10 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset