Holiday play in Portishead
A NEW holiday play scheme aimed at youngsters aged eight and over is being launched in Portishead this month.
Portishead Youth Centre, in Harbour Road, will be hosting an action-packed school holiday programme offering daily childcare during the school holidays.
Activities including street dance and samba workshops, football and basketball coaching, team games, cooking, arts and crafts will be available between 9am-4pm daily from October 28 to November 4. There will also be an option for later pick-ups for working parents.
Those taking part in the music and dance activities will also have to opportunity to participate in a public performance at the end of the week.
Youth centre assistant manager, Kim Dodd, said: “The youth centre is not just for teenagers, it is a hive of activity for people of all ages during the day and the holiday play scheme is the latest project to be added to the events programme. We have listened to both parents and their children about the type of holiday play scheme they want and are now able to deliver something to meet their requirements.”
You may also want to watch:
The fully supervised sessions cost �20 each day which also includes lunch, for which a menu is now available. Spaces are limited so booking early is advisable. For further information or to make a booking, call 01275 842461.
- 1 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 2 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 3 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 4 Have your say about possible development surrounding Weston Big Wood
- 5 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
- 6 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 7 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 8 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 9 ‘You’ve been flamingoed!”
- 10 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal