History lover launches audio tours
A PORTISHEAD history lover has launched a business that will allow him to share his interest in beauty spots across the country.
Patrick Joel who lives in Nore Road has set up Local Story which provides audio guided tours of places of interest. The 34-year-old who worked in heritage for many years says his first tour, the Portishead Story, has been in high demand by shoppers looking for unique gifts this Christmas.
A guided tour can be downloaded for �3 or a CD purchased for �5, which takes you on a guided tour of beauty spots in the area, for you to explore on foot, by bike or car. Both come complete with a map, photos and music.
Patrick said: “I have always been interested in history and natural beauty and my aim is to share research, interest and information with as many people as possible using my guides.”
The Portishead Story covers a four-mile area of Portishead, seeking out special places to visit. It can be completed in around two hours, but can easily be split into shorter sections. The Clevedon Story will be the next tour available.
You may also want to watch:
Patrick has a passion for protecting places of beauty and for each tour downloaded, 10 percent will be donated to a conservation project in the area the tour covers.
Local Story will be in Portishead High Street for the Victorian Evening on Friday. More information can be found by visiting www.local-story.co.uk or by calling Patrick on 01275 818091.
- 1 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 2 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 3 Beautiful Edwardian villa near Clevedon's seafront
- 4 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 5 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 6 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 7 Camera club wants new members to join
- 8 New officer verification process introduced by police
- 9 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 10 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea