High winds close Tyntesfield estate
WRAXALL’S Tyntesfield estate has been closed to the public today (Mon) due to high winds.
The National Trust property operates on a policy that it will not be opened to the public if winds are expected to reach 40mph.
Operations manager Linda Coode said: “The winds are gusting at about 54mph at the moment.
“The trees are currently in full leaf and we have got conkers and chestnuts on many of them.
“We have to ensure our visitors are safe when they come to the estate.”
You may also want to watch:
Tyntesfield staff will be monitoring the weather overnight and will make a decision tomorrow as to whether to keep the estate closed for another day.
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 3 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 4 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 5 Special school expansion progress
- 6 Nailsea Cricket Club start senior nets for new season
- 7 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 8 North Somerset and Somerset libraries reopen this week
- 9 Families enjoy Easter donkey tale trail at church
- 10 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn