High winds close Tyntesfield estate
WRAXALL’S Tyntesfield estate has been closed to the public today (Mon) due to high winds.
The National Trust property operates on a policy that it will not be opened to the public if winds are expected to reach 40mph.
Operations manager Linda Coode said: “The winds are gusting at about 54mph at the moment.
“The trees are currently in full leaf and we have got conkers and chestnuts on many of them.
“We have to ensure our visitors are safe when they come to the estate.”
You may also want to watch:
Tyntesfield staff will be monitoring the weather overnight and will make a decision tomorrow as to whether to keep the estate closed for another day.
- 1 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 2 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 5 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 6 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 7 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 8 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 9 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 10 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe