High winds close Tyntesfield estate
WRAXALL’S Tyntesfield estate has been closed to the public today (Mon) due to high winds.
The National Trust property operates on a policy that it will not be opened to the public if winds are expected to reach 40mph.
Operations manager Linda Coode said: “The winds are gusting at about 54mph at the moment.
“The trees are currently in full leaf and we have got conkers and chestnuts on many of them.
“We have to ensure our visitors are safe when they come to the estate.”
You may also want to watch:
Tyntesfield staff will be monitoring the weather overnight and will make a decision tomorrow as to whether to keep the estate closed for another day.
- 1 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 2 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 3 Beautiful Edwardian villa near Clevedon's seafront
- 4 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 5 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 6 New officer verification process introduced by police
- 7 Camera club wants new members to join
- 8 Driving group needs more volunteers
- 9 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 10 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up