Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- Credit: Henry Woodsford
Somerset has the best vaccination rate in the country when it comes to giving out both doses of the coronavirus vaccine.
According to the latest figures, 62.7 per cent of the adult population in Somerset has received both doses of the Covid vaccine.
North Somerset is also performing extremely well, with 56.7 per cent of the population – 107,146 people – given both doses by June 6.
This is greater than the English rate of 46.6 per cent, ranking North Somerset 89th out of 333 authorities.
NHS figures also show what percentage of the population has been vaccinated in smaller geographical areas, called MSOAs, which comprise 5,000-7000 people.
The three areas with the highest percentage of people given two doses are Nailsea West - 64.7 per cent, Hutton, Locking and Banwell – 64.3 per cent, and Weston Milton – 63.0 per cent.
The areas with the lowest vaccination rates in North Somerset are Weston Winterstoke – 43.3 per cent, Bournville – 45.9 per cent and Weston Town – 46.1 per cent.
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 3 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 4 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 5 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 6 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic
- 7 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 8 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 9 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 10 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
Anyone aged 25 and over can now book their vaccination online, by calling 119, or wait to be contacted by their GP.