Men-only weight management scheme launching in Portishead
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A men-only weight management programme is to run in Portishead.
The scheme will get underway in September, run by North Somerset Council in partnership with the Bristol Robins Community Foundation.
Free for nine weeks, sessions will include dietary advice, physical activity guidance which is not all about football activity and support to help people start and maintain healthier habits.
To be eligible for the free programmes people must live in North Somerset and be classified as above a healthy weight (BMI 30).
The programme starts on Wednesday, September 14, at Portishead Youth Club, running from 7pm to 8.30pm.
Feedback from the programme includes men loosing up to three stone, sleeping better and feeling healthier.
To find out more and/or to book a place, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 01275 882 730.
- 1 A-level results 2022: Backwell School celebrate 'fantastic grades'
- 2 A-level results 2022: Students at Gordano School 'fly high'
- 3 A-level results 2022: 'Outstanding grades' at Clevedon School
- 4 Prestigious new development of one, two and three-bedroom apartments
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 New 24-hour gym to open in Portishead
- 7 Council and First Bus agree to save X5 service
- 8 Lib Dem councillors demand First Bus bosses 'reverse cuts now'
- 9 Deal means Portishead to Bristol rail line will open in 2026
- 10 Backwell solar energy company to expand into Clevedon
For more information about weight loss programmes, go to www.betterhealthns.co.uk/information/mens-weight-loss-groups.