Health walks prove popular...
- Credit: Archant
HEALTH walks are expanding in Clevedon thanks to a number of newly-trained walk leaders.
This means residents now have more opportunities to enjoy walks together, with jaunts held on the first Tuesday and third Friday of each month, starting at the bandstand in Elton Road at 10.30am.
More recently, Monday evening walks have taken place every three weeks, meeting at the bandstand at 6.30pm.
North Somerset Council’s active lifestyles development officer Bob Hill said: “Once people get involved they thoroughly enjoy the regular exercise and great company.
“It’s all free and you don’t need to worry where you are going as the leaders take you on some fantastic routes.”
You may also want to watch:
For more details on health walks visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/go4life or call the council’s active lifestyles team on 01275 882730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 2 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 3 Pretty character cottage in Yatton outskirts
- 4 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 5 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 6 Hotel and wedding venue has seen business surge over summer
- 7 Highland calf born for first time in five years at zoo
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Clevedon to celebrate National Poetry Day
- 10 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village