Health walks prove popular...
- Credit: Archant
HEALTH walks are expanding in Clevedon thanks to a number of newly-trained walk leaders.
This means residents now have more opportunities to enjoy walks together, with jaunts held on the first Tuesday and third Friday of each month, starting at the bandstand in Elton Road at 10.30am.
More recently, Monday evening walks have taken place every three weeks, meeting at the bandstand at 6.30pm.
North Somerset Council’s active lifestyles development officer Bob Hill said: “Once people get involved they thoroughly enjoy the regular exercise and great company.
“It’s all free and you don’t need to worry where you are going as the leaders take you on some fantastic routes.”
You may also want to watch:
For more details on health walks visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/go4life or call the council’s active lifestyles team on 01275 882730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 2 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 3 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 4 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 5 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 6 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 7 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 8 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club
- 9 'Every time you are active, your mental health improves'
- 10 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset