Health booklet shares inspiring fitness stories
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A booklet revealing healthy initiatives people can take up across North Somerset has been produced.
The Go4Life campaign, in association with North Somerset Council, has produced a 28-page document whereby local people reveal ways in which they have been able to enjoy a more active lifestyle.
The new Health Lifestyles in North Somerset booklet aims to inspire people to get active – and coincides with Team GB’s success at the Olympics in Rio.
The stories which are being told include Glen, who found a route into paid work through the community sports leader award, and Maria, who lost weight through learning a new approach to healthy eating and exercise thanks to free support from a health trainer.
Other stories include people who accessed the stop smoking services, a partially-sighted woman who has discovered social benefits to exercise and a lonely retired fire officer who now enjoys volunteering with Age UK’s flexercise clubs.
You may also want to watch:
Rebecca Stathers, the council’s healthy lifestyles service manager, said: “Earlier this year Public Health England launched the One You campaign, which highlights that the lifestyle choices we make can have a dramatic impact on our chances of becoming ill later in life.
“The local people included in our booklet highlight how making small changes now can improve your health right away and double your chances of staying healthy as you get older.”
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 7 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 8 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 9 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
To view the new health booklet, log on to www.n-somerset.gov.uk/go4life