Health club expecting increase in demand after Olympics
- Credit: PA
Inspired by the Tokyo Olympics many of us will be wondering how we can replicate the efforts of Great Britain’s sporting heroes such as Adam Peaty or North Somerset’s very own Amelie Morgan.
And although the vast majority of us won’t be heading to Paris in 2024, setting our own goals and objectives and reaching them is worthy of any Olympic gold medal.
According to Jason Eaton, general manager at the club and spa at Cadbury House, even if only one person has been inspired by Team GB, then their efforts would have been well rewarded.
However, the reality is that thousands and thousands of people from all over the country will have watched in awe the swimmers, cyclists, gymnasts and other amazing athletes and thought 'I want to have a go at that'.
Jason said: “So far the Olympics have been amazing to watch and for Team GB to have had the best start in a generation is just so inspirational.
“With it being the school holidays, there will be lots of younger children staying up late to watch the action unfold and they will remember this for the rest of their lives. A lot of the British athletes have said they remember sitting at home watching their heroes on TV and thought I’d love to do that but never thought they’d now be representing their country.
“The truth is, if you don’t give it a go, then how will you know?!
- 1 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 2 From cleaning windows to playing for Ashton & Backwell - Coleman's story
- 3 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 4 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 5 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 6 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 7 Huge housing extension planned for North Somerset town
- 8 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab
- 9 Wildlife expert joins Portishead Arts Festival line-up
- 10 Hotel and wedding venue has seen business surge over summer
“Popping down to your local pool, gym or sports club might just be the trigger you need. You’ll also meet lots of new friends, so what’s not to like.
“We sponsor the North Somerset Athletic Club which is run by Chris Millard and now has around 400 members from eight years old and upwards on its books and I’m sure Chris will have an influx of new applications once Tokyo has ended.
“After events like the Olympics here at the club and spa in Congresbury, we also see an increase in interest and with such a wide-variety facilities and classes makes Cadbury House a great starting point for any budding Olympian.
“The main thing is to take motivation from what we’re all watching and get up off the sofa and give it a go and who knows, we may uncover the next sporting hero who will take on the legacy of inspiring others onto greater things.”