Head shave raises hundreds
MORE than �700 has been raised for charity by a Clevedon woman who shaved her hair off in a sponsored fete.
Ashlea Zanker now has barely any hair on her head after the event on Saturday, which she carried out to raise money for the West of England MS Therapy Centre in Nailsea.
The 21-year-old’s mum, Lou, suffers from multiple sclerosis and regularly goes to the centre in Southfield Road for treatment.
While having her head shaved to a grade one length by Leanne Tinkling at L Style in Alexandra Road, Clevedon, Ashlea was supported by her family and friends.
She then went into the town centre with a fund-raising bucket to collect even more cash.
You may also want to watch:
Ashlea said: “I am really pleased with the support from everybody and I will continue to raise money through the Just Giving website I have set up.
“I was a bit worried about how it would come out, but I quite like it actually. It will certainly save me time getting ready in the morning.”
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 3 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 4 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships
The money raised by Ashlea will go toward the MS centre’s Silver Jubilee Appeal, which has been launched to raise �150,000 to continue the vital treatment it gives to almost 2,000 people in the Bristol and North Somerset area.
Anyone wishing to still sponsor Ashlea can visit www.justgiving.com/ashlea-zanker