Handel’s Messiah rearranged
PORTISHEAD Choral Society has rearranged a concert for the New Year after severe weather caused it to be cancelled.
Handel’s Messiah was due to be performed on December 18 but was called off following fresh snowfall that morning.
It will now take place at the United Reform Church in Woodhill Road on January 8.
Society chairman John Grigg said: “We were concerned for the safety of both our choir members and the audience and this is certainly the first time in living memory that we have had to take such action.
“Fortunately we managed to contact the vast majority of people who had bought tickets and had someone outside the venue to apologise to those that we weren’t able to contact earlier.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the performance remain valid and there is still a small number of tickets for sale in Morgan Westley in High Street.
Anyone who is not able to make the new date can post the tickets back to the secretary at 8 Newhaven Road, Portishead, BS20 8LH for a refund.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 3 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 4 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 7 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 8 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships
- 9 Creation of 'flimsy' roles at £7,000 is 'indefensible', says North Somerset councillor
- 10 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead