Handel’s Messiah rearranged
PORTISHEAD Choral Society has rearranged a concert for the New Year after severe weather caused it to be cancelled.
Handel’s Messiah was due to be performed on December 18 but was called off following fresh snowfall that morning.
It will now take place at the United Reform Church in Woodhill Road on January 8.
Society chairman John Grigg said: “We were concerned for the safety of both our choir members and the audience and this is certainly the first time in living memory that we have had to take such action.
“Fortunately we managed to contact the vast majority of people who had bought tickets and had someone outside the venue to apologise to those that we weren’t able to contact earlier.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the performance remain valid and there is still a small number of tickets for sale in Morgan Westley in High Street.
Anyone who is not able to make the new date can post the tickets back to the secretary at 8 Newhaven Road, Portishead, BS20 8LH for a refund.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 4 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 5 North Somerset authors publish books
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 9 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities
- 10 Appeal after man injured in robbery