Handel’s Messiah rearranged
PORTISHEAD Choral Society has rearranged a concert for the New Year after severe weather caused it to be cancelled.
Handel’s Messiah was due to be performed on December 18 but was called off following fresh snowfall that morning.
It will now take place at the United Reform Church in Woodhill Road on January 8.
Society chairman John Grigg said: “We were concerned for the safety of both our choir members and the audience and this is certainly the first time in living memory that we have had to take such action.
“Fortunately we managed to contact the vast majority of people who had bought tickets and had someone outside the venue to apologise to those that we weren’t able to contact earlier.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the performance remain valid and there is still a small number of tickets for sale in Morgan Westley in High Street.
Anyone who is not able to make the new date can post the tickets back to the secretary at 8 Newhaven Road, Portishead, BS20 8LH for a refund.
- 1 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 6 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 7 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 8 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 9 Clevedon return to top of WEPL table with win over Lansdown
- 10 Medal joy for North Somerset athletes at English Schools Championships