Handbag donations wanted
CLEVEDON women are being asked to dig out their unwanted handbags to help raise money for a good cause.
The community group, Clevedon Pride, plans to hold a giant handbag sale next month to help collect cash toward the �10,000 needed to fund this year’s town centre Christmas lights.
The group hopes to collect hundreds of good quality bags for the sale, which will be held on the Salthouse Fields as part of the Marlens festival on September 25 from 9am.
All types of bags are wanted, from large shoulder bags to small clutch bags.
Organiser Julie Bisacre said: “We would like to make this the biggest handbag sale ever seen in Clevedon and we appeal to all women, wherever you are, to open up your wardrobes and make a donation.
You may also want to watch:
“And, don’t think of this as losing a handbag because, when you come to the sale, you are sure to be tempted into buying an attractive replacement.”
Any saleable items will be gratefully received and can be handed in to Julie’s shop, Present Company in Queens Square, from Monday to Saturday between 9am-5pm.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 3 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 4 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 5 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 6 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 7 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 8 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 9 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 10 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening