Handbag donations wanted
CLEVEDON women are being asked to dig out their unwanted handbags to help raise money for a good cause.
The community group, Clevedon Pride, plans to hold a giant handbag sale next month to help collect cash toward the �10,000 needed to fund this year’s town centre Christmas lights.
The group hopes to collect hundreds of good quality bags for the sale, which will be held on the Salthouse Fields as part of the Marlens festival on September 25 from 9am.
All types of bags are wanted, from large shoulder bags to small clutch bags.
Organiser Julie Bisacre said: “We would like to make this the biggest handbag sale ever seen in Clevedon and we appeal to all women, wherever you are, to open up your wardrobes and make a donation.
You may also want to watch:
“And, don’t think of this as losing a handbag because, when you come to the sale, you are sure to be tempted into buying an attractive replacement.”
Any saleable items will be gratefully received and can be handed in to Julie’s shop, Present Company in Queens Square, from Monday to Saturday between 9am-5pm.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 4 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'