Handbag donations wanted
CLEVEDON women are being asked to dig out their unwanted handbags to help raise money for a good cause.
The community group, Clevedon Pride, plans to hold a giant handbag sale next month to help collect cash toward the �10,000 needed to fund this year’s town centre Christmas lights.
The group hopes to collect hundreds of good quality bags for the sale, which will be held on the Salthouse Fields as part of the Marlens festival on September 25 from 9am.
All types of bags are wanted, from large shoulder bags to small clutch bags.
Organiser Julie Bisacre said: “We would like to make this the biggest handbag sale ever seen in Clevedon and we appeal to all women, wherever you are, to open up your wardrobes and make a donation.
You may also want to watch:
“And, don’t think of this as losing a handbag because, when you come to the sale, you are sure to be tempted into buying an attractive replacement.”
Any saleable items will be gratefully received and can be handed in to Julie’s shop, Present Company in Queens Square, from Monday to Saturday between 9am-5pm.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 3 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 4 How to order free Covid home tests
- 5 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 6 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships
- 7 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 8 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 9 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead
- 10 Barclays to close North Somerset branches