Gyles Brandreth confirmed as finale speaker at Wells LitFest
- Credit: Wells Festival of Literature
The multi-talented Gyles Brandreth has been announced as Wells Festival of Literature's closing event, with a discussion on his long-awaited autobiography, Odd Man Out.
Brandreth’s appearance in Wells, according to the organisers, will feature all aspects of his extensive career.
He is hugely popular on BBC Radio Four’s Just A Minute, but has also been a journalist, comedian, MP, radio presenter, university chancellor, actor, entertainer, podcaster, royal biographer and more.
This variety of experience has given him a breadth and depth of knowledge that is second to none and his reminiscences include tales of death row, sex clubs and Twiggy as well as politics, princes and pullovers.
Wells Festival of Literature will run from October 15-23, and all speakers are set to appear live in Wells, with streaming available for an additional online audience.
The festival will feature talks about hope and sorrow, facts about the past and speculation on the future and personalities discussed will range from Keats to Trump, Robert Maxwell to the Artful Dodger.
Festival events will follow government guidelines in place at the time.
- 1 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 5 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 6 Camera club wants new members to join
- 7 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 8 'Incredible' Nailsea & Backwell RFC win first ever Bristol Combination Vase
- 9 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 10 Life-saving equipment installed in town
The full programme for October will be available in August, with tickets going on sale on September 6. Priority booking, exclusively for friends and sponsors, opens on August 31.