Guides’ foodbank donation
A COLOURFUL array of cereal has been donated for people in need.
Members of the 6th Clevedon West Guides collected the boxes to support Clevedon Foodbank, which supplies three days of food to anyone in a crisis situation.
This could be due to relationship breakdown, redundancy, an unexpected bill on a low income or delays in benefit payments.
The guides collected their donations for the foodbank, which is based at Hither Green Industrial Estate, as part of their Guide Challenge badge.
Guide leader Izzy Parker said: “As part of our varied programme, we regularly do some sort of community action and we were delighted to help with this new venture in Clevedon.”
You may also want to watch:
The foodbank opens from noon until 2pm every Monday and Friday, when people with vouchers they have received from agencies and organisations such as social workers or job centres can exchange them for a food package.
Since opening on May 11, the facility has given food parcels to people in need every day it has been open.
- 1 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 2 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 3 Pretty character cottage in Yatton outskirts
- 4 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 5 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 6 Hotel and wedding venue has seen business surge over summer
- 7 Highland calf born for first time in five years at zoo
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Clevedon to celebrate National Poetry Day
- 10 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
Clevedon Foodbank chairman Jo Lenny said: “The guides have demonstrated the foodbank is a community project everyone can get involved in and we are grateful for their generous donation.”
Foodbank volunteers will be collecting donations outside Tesco in Kenn Road from 10am-4pm on July 7 and outside Asda in Tweed Road from 10am-4pm on July 14.