Groups for aspiring performers
ASPIRING singers, dancers and actors are being encouraged to join two groups in Clevedon.
The town’s YMCA runs two groups for children and young people who love to perform and staff are now hoping more people will join following the success of the hit TV show Glee, which features an impressive show choir.
Each session includes a choir rehearsal with members then able to choose whether they take part in a dance or drama practice.
The groups perform concerts twice a year and anyone within the age range can join.
The junior group, called Minising, meets from 3.30-5pm on Thursdays at Yeo Moor Primary School in Kennaway Road. This is for children in school years two to six.
You may also want to watch:
Tensing, the older group, meets from 7-9pm on Thursdays at the YMCA in Marson Road and is for people aged 11-25.
For more details contact Lorna at email@example.com or on 07910 265513.
- 1 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 6 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 7 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 8 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 9 Clevedon return to top of WEPL table with win over Lansdown
- 10 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse