Groups can double their money
COMMUNITY groups and organisations in Clevedon are being given a rare chance to double their money.
The Rotary Club of Clevedon Yeo has launched a new scheme aimed at helping to fund the work of not-for-profit groups in the town and surrounding area.
The club has been successful in its own right with many fund-raising events and now wants to help other organisations by grants to supplement their work.
Club president Bernard Druce said: “We are passionate about supporting the local community and wish to embark on a scheme that will reward clubs, societies and organisations, especially those that struggle for funds, with a boost to their finances.
“The scheme will be targeted at clubs who demonstrate that they have raised funds by their own efforts.
“We will then in effect ‘double their money’ by providing a matching grant up to an agreed amount.
“We are in a fortunate position to be able to offer this facility as a result of our members efforts and the support we receive from the local community. We want to give something back to Clevedon.
- 1 A-level results 2022: Backwell School celebrate 'fantastic grades'
- 2 A-level results 2022: Students at Gordano School 'fly high'
- 3 A-level results 2022: 'Outstanding grades' at Clevedon School
- 4 Prestigious new development of one, two and three-bedroom apartments
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 New 24-hour gym to open in Portishead
- 7 Council and First Bus agree to save X5 service
- 8 Lib Dem councillors demand First Bus bosses 'reverse cuts now'
- 9 Deal means Portishead to Bristol rail line will open in 2026
- 10 Cleeve cement lead at top of table as batters shine on winning weekend
“The club has set aside a substantial sum of money to support this initiative.”
Word about the new scheme is already getting around town with an application already made by a local guides group. Any club or society interested in applying should write to Rotarian Steve Molloy at The Old Chapel, Cleeve Hill Road, Cleeve, North Somerset, BS49 4PL.
All submissions should be in by June 26, after which a decision will be made as to the distribution of funds.
All clubs and societies, both successful and unsuccessful, will be notified of the decision made.