Groups can double their money
COMMUNITY groups and organisations in Clevedon are being given a rare chance to double their money.
The Rotary Club of Clevedon Yeo has launched a new scheme aimed at helping to fund the work of not-for-profit groups in the town and surrounding area.
The club has been successful in its own right with many fund-raising events and now wants to help other organisations by grants to supplement their work.
Club president Bernard Druce said: “We are passionate about supporting the local community and wish to embark on a scheme that will reward clubs, societies and organisations, especially those that struggle for funds, with a boost to their finances.
“The scheme will be targeted at clubs who demonstrate that they have raised funds by their own efforts.
You may also want to watch:
“We will then in effect ‘double their money’ by providing a matching grant up to an agreed amount.
“We are in a fortunate position to be able to offer this facility as a result of our members efforts and the support we receive from the local community. We want to give something back to Clevedon.
- 1 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 2 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 3 PICTURES: Lions charity surprises Clevedon residents
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 6 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 7 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 8 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 9 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 10 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
“The club has set aside a substantial sum of money to support this initiative.”
Word about the new scheme is already getting around town with an application already made by a local guides group. Any club or society interested in applying should write to Rotarian Steve Molloy at The Old Chapel, Cleeve Hill Road, Cleeve, North Somerset, BS49 4PL.
All submissions should be in by June 26, after which a decision will be made as to the distribution of funds.
All clubs and societies, both successful and unsuccessful, will be notified of the decision made.