Groups can double their money
COMMUNITY groups and organisations in Clevedon are being given a rare chance to double their money.
The Rotary Club of Clevedon Yeo has launched a new scheme aimed at helping to fund the work of not-for-profit groups in the town and surrounding area.
The club has been successful in its own right with many fund-raising events and now wants to help other organisations by grants to supplement their work.
Club president Bernard Druce said: “We are passionate about supporting the local community and wish to embark on a scheme that will reward clubs, societies and organisations, especially those that struggle for funds, with a boost to their finances.
“The scheme will be targeted at clubs who demonstrate that they have raised funds by their own efforts.
You may also want to watch:
“We will then in effect ‘double their money’ by providing a matching grant up to an agreed amount.
“We are in a fortunate position to be able to offer this facility as a result of our members efforts and the support we receive from the local community. We want to give something back to Clevedon.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 9 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 10 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
“The club has set aside a substantial sum of money to support this initiative.”
Word about the new scheme is already getting around town with an application already made by a local guides group. Any club or society interested in applying should write to Rotarian Steve Molloy at The Old Chapel, Cleeve Hill Road, Cleeve, North Somerset, BS49 4PL.
All submissions should be in by June 26, after which a decision will be made as to the distribution of funds.
All clubs and societies, both successful and unsuccessful, will be notified of the decision made.