Great Wall walkers needed
DARING volunteers are being sought to take part in a trek along the Great Wall of China in aid of a Pill charity.
Penny Brohn Cancer Care, which offers complementary treatment for those affected by cancer, is organising the expedition for October.
One woman who will be taking part is 53-year-old Angela Hucker from Long Ashton.
She has been caring for her mum, who was diagnosed with breast cancer, for the past five years and both have been supported by the charity.
Angela also took on a trek to Machu Picchu in Peru in October in aid of Penny Brohn Cancer Care.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I found out about Penny Brohn Cancer Care and went along with my mum. Their support has been life-changing.
“I felt like my bucket was over flowing and now they’ve helped me to get back on track.”
- 1 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 6 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 7 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 8 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 9 Clevedon return to top of WEPL table with win over Lansdown
- 10 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
For more details about the Great Wall of China trek visit www.pennybrohncancercare.org/events or call Andrew Tilling on 01275 370073 or email email@example.com