Gordon recieves The John Daws Cup
A PORTISHEAD man who has dedicated more than ten years of work to keeping the town in colour has been honoured for his hard work.
Gordon Randall has been presented with the John Daws Cup by Portishead in Bloom in recognition of the work he has carried out for the group, including the ten years he spent as chairman.
The John Daws Cup was sponsored this year by the North Somerset Times, which gave �100 in prize money following a call from Portishead in Bloom for a sponsor for the award.
The cup was created in memory of John Daws, one of the founders of Portishead in Bloom, and is presented each year to a member of the community who has made an outstanding contribution to the town.
Gordon, who was presented with his award on Friday, said: “I am very pleased and was also very surprised.
“In the time I was chairman, Portishead in Bloom has gone from the bottom of the pile to the top - winning a gold medal two years running and a gold medal in the national competition.
“I think this is a reflection of the hard work under taken by the members of the community.”
- 1 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 4 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 5 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 6 Work on new Cheddar pump track set to begin
- 7 Glastonbury 2022: Who is confirmed and how do I get tickets?
- 8 Tributes paid to much-loved former councillor Derrick Lovering
- 9 Charity wants local views on renewables in Congresbury and Puxton
- 10 Village to host first ever season of live events