Gordon recieves The John Daws Cup
A PORTISHEAD man who has dedicated more than ten years of work to keeping the town in colour has been honoured for his hard work.
Gordon Randall has been presented with the John Daws Cup by Portishead in Bloom in recognition of the work he has carried out for the group, including the ten years he spent as chairman.
The John Daws Cup was sponsored this year by the North Somerset Times, which gave �100 in prize money following a call from Portishead in Bloom for a sponsor for the award.
The cup was created in memory of John Daws, one of the founders of Portishead in Bloom, and is presented each year to a member of the community who has made an outstanding contribution to the town.
Gordon, who was presented with his award on Friday, said: “I am very pleased and was also very surprised.
You may also want to watch:
“In the time I was chairman, Portishead in Bloom has gone from the bottom of the pile to the top - winning a gold medal two years running and a gold medal in the national competition.
“I think this is a reflection of the hard work under taken by the members of the community.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 3 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 10 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans