Gordon recieves The John Daws Cup
A PORTISHEAD man who has dedicated more than ten years of work to keeping the town in colour has been honoured for his hard work.
Gordon Randall has been presented with the John Daws Cup by Portishead in Bloom in recognition of the work he has carried out for the group, including the ten years he spent as chairman.
The John Daws Cup was sponsored this year by the North Somerset Times, which gave �100 in prize money following a call from Portishead in Bloom for a sponsor for the award.
The cup was created in memory of John Daws, one of the founders of Portishead in Bloom, and is presented each year to a member of the community who has made an outstanding contribution to the town.
Gordon, who was presented with his award on Friday, said: “I am very pleased and was also very surprised.
You may also want to watch:
“In the time I was chairman, Portishead in Bloom has gone from the bottom of the pile to the top - winning a gold medal two years running and a gold medal in the national competition.
“I think this is a reflection of the hard work under taken by the members of the community.”
- 1 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 2 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 3 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 4 Care home enjoys visit from donkey
- 5 The Subways to perform at Bristol O2 Academy
- 6 Charity gains national recognition at awards
- 7 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 8 Highland calf born for first time in five years at zoo
- 9 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 10 Wildlife expert joins Portishead Arts Festival line-up