Give your festival ideas
PEOPLE wanting to find out more about this year’s Clevedon Marine Lake Festival and those who can lend a hand organising it are invited to a meeting on May 10.
This will be the seventh year the huge, three-day event has been put on with activities, stalls, sideshows and live entertainment.
The festival is run by the not-for-profit organisation MARLENS and the group will hold its AGM at the Clevedon Sailing Club from 8pm on May 10 to discuss the 2011 event.
MARLENS chairman Joe Norman said: “Every year this festival grows and grows and it’s down to the community who always make it a fantastic event.
“The AGM is an opportunity to share ideas about this year’s festival, to find out exactly what people want and wherever possible we will provide it.
You may also want to watch:
“If you are interested in what we are planning for the festival please come along and join in - there will be a bring and share supper and everyone is welcome.”
During the meeting, the group will also discuss the �1million lottery bid North Somerset Council has submitted to fund a revamp of Clevedon seafront.
- 1 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 2 North Somerset authors publish books
- 3 PICTURES: Eat Nailsea food festival returns to town
- 4 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 5 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 6 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 7 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 8 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 9 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 10 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes