Gig club celebrates a successful year
CLEVEDON’S first pilot gig club has enjoyed a successful year - so much so the group is looking to commission its second boat.
Clevedon Pilot Gig club was formed in 2009 and its first gig, Watch and Pray, was completed in March.
Since then, the club has gone from strength to strength, attending regattas in Ilfracombe, Teignmouth, Appledore and Lyme Regis, as well as competing in the World Championships at the Scilly Isles.
The club now boasts 60 active members and they are now planning for its second gig, a six-man rowing boat, to be ordered and built.
To celebrate the gig’s first season, the club will hold a dinner dance at the Walton Park Hotel in Wellington Terrace at 7.30pm on November 19.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, priced �25, are available from Sue Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 4 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'