Gig club celebrates a successful year
CLEVEDON’S first pilot gig club has enjoyed a successful year - so much so the group is looking to commission its second boat.
Clevedon Pilot Gig club was formed in 2009 and its first gig, Watch and Pray, was completed in March.
Since then, the club has gone from strength to strength, attending regattas in Ilfracombe, Teignmouth, Appledore and Lyme Regis, as well as competing in the World Championships at the Scilly Isles.
The club now boasts 60 active members and they are now planning for its second gig, a six-man rowing boat, to be ordered and built.
To celebrate the gig’s first season, the club will hold a dinner dance at the Walton Park Hotel in Wellington Terrace at 7.30pm on November 19.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, priced �25, are available from Sue Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 3 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 4 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 5 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 6 How to order free Covid home tests
- 7 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 8 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships
- 9 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 10 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead