Get back to swimming
NEW swimming sessions will be held at Portishead Open Air Pool as part of a programme to encourage people back into sport.
As part of the Back to Sport 4 Life scheme, Masters Swimming classes will be held every Tuesday from 6.30-7.30pm for 10 weeks between Tuesday and July 24, excluding June 5.
Those taking part must be aged 16 and above and people of all abilities are welcome.
All sessions will be held by a qualified instructor who will help with stroke techniques and improving fitness and will also offer advice on opportunities to become a competitive swimmer.
The 10-week course costs �30, which should be paid at the first session.
You may also want to watch:
To register for a place contact North Somerset Council’s sport and active lifestyles team on 01275 882736 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 From cleaning windows to playing for Ashton & Backwell - Coleman's story
- 2 Ashton & Backwell United progress in FA Vase after win at Stonehouse Town
- 3 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 4 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 5 Clevedon's home match with Gordano will be 'hugely proud moment' for Owen
- 6 Wildlife expert joins Portishead Arts Festival line-up
- 7 North Somerset mortgage firm named UK's number one broker for outstanding customer outcomes
- 8 Staff working 'tirelessly' to reopen school after 'catastrophic' flood damage
- 9 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 10 Funds of £20k available for North Somerset groups