Generous Lainey’s extreme hair cut
A GENEROUS young girl from Nailsea has had 11 inches of her hair cut off to help children going through cancer treatment.
Seven-year-old Lainey Thorpe will now donate her pony tail to the Little Princess Trust, which makes wigs for youngsters who have lost their hair due to such treatment.
The Golden Valley Primary School pupil, who had her long locks restyled by Sue Pickles at SP Hair Company in High Street, has also raised more than �480 for the charity through donations from friends and family.
As a result, she has raised more than enough to fund the creation of a complete wig.
Her dad David said: “She is happy with her new hair. There was a little moment when she looked in the mirror and she wasn’t sure though.
You may also want to watch:
“When I told her she had raised enough to make a wig for a child she was blown away.”
* Anyone wishing to sponsor Lainey can still do so by visiting the webpage www.justgiving.com/Laineyshair
- 1 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 2 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 3 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 4 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 5 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 6 PICTURES: Backwell School throws leavers festival
- 7 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 8 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 9 Royals praise North Somerset children's hospice
- 10 ‘You’ve been flamingoed!”