Gardeners invited to reveal all
- Credit: Archant
RESIDENTS in Portishead are being asked to share the secrets of their gardens this summer.
Portishead in Bloom (PiB) is looking for more people to take part in the Open Gardens weekend on June 8 and 9.
The event sees people visit a variety of gardens detailed in a programme, some of which also offer teas, charity book sales, live music and stalls selling arts and crafts.
This is the main fundraising event of the year for the voluntary group which tends many of the town’s public floral displays and gardens all year round.
A PiB spokesman said: “It would be lovely to have more open gardens this year; even small gardens can be very interesting to visitors. We are also looking for people to join our Friends of Portishead in Bloom group that meets regularly for work parties. “
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in opening their garden, willing to tidy an unwanted patch of ground or help with weeding and planting schemes can call Sandy Tebbutt on 01275 843566.
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 4 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 5 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 6 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 7 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 8 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 9 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic
- 10 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage