Gardeners create a colourful display
A COLOURFUL display of flowers, fruit and vegetables was created during the annual Pill and District Gardening Club Members’ Show.
St George’s Church Hall in Easton-in-Gordano was taken over by green-fingered villagers and their entries for the event which attracted a good crowd of visitors.
The judges John Robbins and Richard Knowles were impressed by the number and standard of entries, particularly noting the high quality of fruit on display.
Best in show was awarded to Sheila Shute for her tangerine gladioli.
The other cup winners were:
You may also want to watch:
- Flowers: Sheila Shute
- Fuchsias: Pete Knowles
- 1 ‘Perfect tribute’ as Clevedon Pier named pier of the year
- 2 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 3 Nailsea & Backwell under-16s get better of Weston on return to rugby
- 4 Carpenter praises Clevedon following success over Chippenham
- 5 Business expansion plans get the go-ahead at Royal Portbury Dock
- 6 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 7 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 8 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 9 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 10 THINGS TO DO: Inflatable theme park returns to Gatcombe Farm Shop
- Pot Plants: Annette Knowles
- Hanging Baskets: Joan Smale / Verity Goodfellow
- Root Vegetables: Jim Sharp
- Other Vegetables: Jim Sharp
- Vegetable Collection: Mary Winter
- Fruit: Lesley Sharp
- Joyce Wallis Trophy: Jan Robertson (Vase of mixed garden flowers)
- New Entrants Cup: Giles Morris
- Most Points in Show: Jim Sharp
- Best in Show: Sheila Shute (Three gladioli)
- Banksian Medal: Pete Knowles
- President’s Choice: Jenny Billington (White begonias in 460mm pot)
- Spud in a Tub: Margaret Du Heaume