Gardeners create a colourful display
A COLOURFUL display of flowers, fruit and vegetables was created during the annual Pill and District Gardening Club Members’ Show.
St George’s Church Hall in Easton-in-Gordano was taken over by green-fingered villagers and their entries for the event which attracted a good crowd of visitors.
The judges John Robbins and Richard Knowles were impressed by the number and standard of entries, particularly noting the high quality of fruit on display.
Best in show was awarded to Sheila Shute for her tangerine gladioli.
The other cup winners were:
You may also want to watch:
- Flowers: Sheila Shute
- Fuchsias: Pete Knowles
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 7 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 8 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 9 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 10 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
- Pot Plants: Annette Knowles
- Hanging Baskets: Joan Smale / Verity Goodfellow
- Root Vegetables: Jim Sharp
- Other Vegetables: Jim Sharp
- Vegetable Collection: Mary Winter
- Fruit: Lesley Sharp
- Joyce Wallis Trophy: Jan Robertson (Vase of mixed garden flowers)
- New Entrants Cup: Giles Morris
- Most Points in Show: Jim Sharp
- Best in Show: Sheila Shute (Three gladioli)
- Banksian Medal: Pete Knowles
- President’s Choice: Jenny Billington (White begonias in 460mm pot)
- Spud in a Tub: Margaret Du Heaume