Gardeners create a colourful display
A COLOURFUL display of flowers, fruit and vegetables was created during the annual Pill and District Gardening Club Members’ Show.
St George’s Church Hall in Easton-in-Gordano was taken over by green-fingered villagers and their entries for the event which attracted a good crowd of visitors.
The judges John Robbins and Richard Knowles were impressed by the number and standard of entries, particularly noting the high quality of fruit on display.
Best in show was awarded to Sheila Shute for her tangerine gladioli.
The other cup winners were:
You may also want to watch:
- Flowers: Sheila Shute
- Fuchsias: Pete Knowles
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 4 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 5 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 6 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon
- 9 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 10 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- Pot Plants: Annette Knowles
- Hanging Baskets: Joan Smale / Verity Goodfellow
- Root Vegetables: Jim Sharp
- Other Vegetables: Jim Sharp
- Vegetable Collection: Mary Winter
- Fruit: Lesley Sharp
- Joyce Wallis Trophy: Jan Robertson (Vase of mixed garden flowers)
- New Entrants Cup: Giles Morris
- Most Points in Show: Jim Sharp
- Best in Show: Sheila Shute (Three gladioli)
- Banksian Medal: Pete Knowles
- President’s Choice: Jenny Billington (White begonias in 460mm pot)
- Spud in a Tub: Margaret Du Heaume