Fund-raising through yoga
A PILL charity is looking for 100 people to take part in a yogathon to raise vital funds toward its work.
Penny Brohn Cancer Care will hold the challenge, sponsored by Simplyhealth, between May 8-18 and participants will be asked to do 30 minutes of yoga on each of the 10 days with a sponsorship target of �100.
The charity hopes to raise �10,000 and also hopes this will become an annual event.
Yoga is just one of the many courses offered by Penny Brohn Cancer Care, which has a dedicated facility in Chapel Pill Lane and provides complementary support to people suffering from cancer.
YogaThrive is a research-based, therapeutic yoga course that has been modified for people with cancer.
You may also want to watch:
To sign up to the yogathon call Emily Waller on 01275 370076 or email email@example.com or log on to www.pennybrohncancercare.org/yoga
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 10 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans