Fund-raising through yoga
A PILL charity is looking for 100 people to take part in a yogathon to raise vital funds toward its work.
Penny Brohn Cancer Care will hold the challenge, sponsored by Simplyhealth, between May 8-18 and participants will be asked to do 30 minutes of yoga on each of the 10 days with a sponsorship target of �100.
The charity hopes to raise �10,000 and also hopes this will become an annual event.
Yoga is just one of the many courses offered by Penny Brohn Cancer Care, which has a dedicated facility in Chapel Pill Lane and provides complementary support to people suffering from cancer.
YogaThrive is a research-based, therapeutic yoga course that has been modified for people with cancer.
You may also want to watch:
To sign up to the yogathon call Emily Waller on 01275 370076 or email email@example.com or log on to www.pennybrohncancercare.org/yoga
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Camera club wants new members to join
- 5 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 6 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 7 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 8 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 9 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 10 'Incredible' Nailsea & Backwell RFC win first ever Bristol Combination Vase