Friends help kids get active
A TEENAGE twosome from Yatton has made it their mission to get more youngsters active by writing their own athletics book.
The 45-page book, created by friends Declan Walters and Pippa Reilly includes information on healthy diets and sports tips and is aimed at primary school children.
The youngsters, both aged 13, attend Backwell School and have headlined their book of skills and tips, From Start To Finish.
The book also gives youngsters ideas and advice on how to join sports clubs, organise training exercises and break into the world of athletics.
Declan’s mum, Kiera Walters, said the duo attend North Somerset Athletics Club and the idea came about six months ago.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “They were coming back from a training session and just started putting ideas together in the back of the car. They started writing lots of different training tips and the idea just grew and grew.”
The book also talks about how Declan and Pippa got started and how important it is to just get involved or try out new activities.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 Woodspring Women earn first ever win over Burnham United Ladies Reserves
- 3 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 4 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 5 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 6 Pupils beat parents in school fun run
- 7 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 8 Nailsea & Backwell RFC thrash Stothert & Pitt to make it four wins from four
- 9 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 10 Gordano RFC edge out Clevedon RFC to maintain perfect start to season
Kiera said: “They both put so much hard work into it we decided to get 100 copies published and we have already sold 20. They have big aspirations and want to make a DVD. They had so much information to begin with, there could even be a second book on the way.”
To order a copy of From Start To Finish email Kiera Walters via firstname.lastname@example.org