Fred and Joan celebrate 60 years
A CLEVEDON couple have celebrated 60 years of marriage together.
Fred and Joan Quinney enjoyed a meal out together on Thursday to mark their diamond wedding anniversary.
The couple of West Way will also enjoy a party on November 26, when they will be joined by family and friends for a lunchtime do at the Walton Park Hotel in Wellington Terrace.
Fred, now aged 81, and Joan, aged 84, first met when they worked together in Coventry and were married in the city on November 10, 1951. They moved to Clevedon in 1977 and have remained in the town ever since.
Fred said: “We were only planning on staying in Clevedon for 18 months but then ended up staying.”
You may also want to watch:
They have a daughter, 55-year-old Lynn, and a son, 52-year-old Nigel who lives in San Diego, as well as four grandchildren.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 3 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 4 How to order free Covid home tests
- 5 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 8 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 9 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 10 Clevedon's FA Vase dream ends at Plymouth Parkway