Fred and Joan celebrate 60 years
A CLEVEDON couple have celebrated 60 years of marriage together.
Fred and Joan Quinney enjoyed a meal out together on Thursday to mark their diamond wedding anniversary.
The couple of West Way will also enjoy a party on November 26, when they will be joined by family and friends for a lunchtime do at the Walton Park Hotel in Wellington Terrace.
Fred, now aged 81, and Joan, aged 84, first met when they worked together in Coventry and were married in the city on November 10, 1951. They moved to Clevedon in 1977 and have remained in the town ever since.
Fred said: “We were only planning on staying in Clevedon for 18 months but then ended up staying.”
You may also want to watch:
They have a daughter, 55-year-old Lynn, and a son, 52-year-old Nigel who lives in San Diego, as well as four grandchildren.
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 3 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 4 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 5 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 6 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 7 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 8 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 9 Protestors take to the streets against Bristol Airport
- 10 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved