Fred and Joan celebrate 60 years
A CLEVEDON couple have celebrated 60 years of marriage together.
Fred and Joan Quinney enjoyed a meal out together on Thursday to mark their diamond wedding anniversary.
The couple of West Way will also enjoy a party on November 26, when they will be joined by family and friends for a lunchtime do at the Walton Park Hotel in Wellington Terrace.
Fred, now aged 81, and Joan, aged 84, first met when they worked together in Coventry and were married in the city on November 10, 1951. They moved to Clevedon in 1977 and have remained in the town ever since.
Fred said: “We were only planning on staying in Clevedon for 18 months but then ended up staying.”
You may also want to watch:
They have a daughter, 55-year-old Lynn, and a son, 52-year-old Nigel who lives in San Diego, as well as four grandchildren.
- 1 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 2 PICTURES: Lions charity surprises Clevedon residents
- 3 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 6 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 7 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 8 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 9 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 10 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year