Clevedon girl, 4, wins music award
- Credit: Rachel Mason
A four-year-old from Clevedon has won an Akademia Music Award for children's music after releasing a song co-written by her mum, Rachel.
The award makes Layla the youngest ever recipient of an Akademia Music award, a US-based award which recognises talent from around the world.
The song, Little One, has also been nominated for three other awards - something her mum is very proud of.
Mrs Mason said: “I love that my daughter is interested in music and that she likes performing and writing songs with me.
"Quite often she will say 'mummy, I have just written a song, please can we go into your studio and record it?'
Throughout lockdown, the family have made a home studio for Layla to perform in.
Layla is also very proud of her award, telling the Times: “I like my award, it is really shiny and I love singing with my Mummy.”
The song is available to stream on Spotify and on YouTube by visiting www.youtube.com/watch?v=u618RODOjxQ
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 4 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 5 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 6 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 7 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 8 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens