Forever families sought for children
‘FOREVER families’ are being sought to help find children a permanent home to coincide with a national adoption drive this week.
The 15th anniversary of the annual National Adoption Week began on Monday and North Somerset Council hopes it could motivate potential adoptive parents to apply.
Adoption team manager Emma Simpson said: “We urgently need people who have thought about adoption to come forward and contact us.
“It doesn’t matter what age you are, whether you’re single or in a relationship, what your sexual orientation is or whether you own your home – It only matters that you can offer a child a loving and supportive family for life.”
David Holmes, chief executive of the British Association for Adoption and Fostering, said: “It is a sad fact that some children are simply unable to remain with their birth family, because of neglect, abuse or perhaps just because their parents are unable to cope.
You may also want to watch:
“Adoption is one of the best ways we know of giving these children a new family for life.
“Children with lots of different types of early experience may need adopting - some of them have had traumatic experiences, others have learning difficulties or health problems and it’s crucial that loving and permanent families are found for them.”
- 1 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 2 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 3 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 4 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 5 Royals praise North Somerset children's hospice
- 6 PICTURES: Backwell School throws leavers festival
- 7 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 8 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 9 Protest outside MP's office over police and crime bill
- 10 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
To find out more about adoption call 01275 888236 or go to www.n-somerset.gov.uk/adoption
For more information about National Adoption Week visit www.nationaladoptionweek.org.uk