WESTON Foodbank is holding another collection day at Morrisons in Locking Castle on October 26.
Volunteers will be in store from 10am-5pm asking shoppers if they would like to donate one item to help a family in crisis.
The charity has given out 24 food boxes to people in need so far and thanks to generous members of the community and harvest collections the charity has 3.5 tonnes of food in stock ready to dish out to families.
Fourteen agencies across town have been giving out food vouchers and referring people to the foodbank and the charity is keen to work with more organisations to enable more people to access the service.
Weston Foodbank is now open every Monday and Friday from noon to 2pm. The charity is also hoping to open up on Wednesdays at the same time before Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers would like to thank everyone for their generous support and for helping the charity to get off to a flying start.
The charity is now looking for a free, secondary storage space for long-dated food. Anyone who can help is asked to call Ian Fraser on 01934 625148.
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 6 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 7 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 8 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 9 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 10 Protestors take to the streets against Bristol Airport