Fly-by video: Designs for Clevedon Pier and the Royal Pier Hotel
PLANS for modern visitor facilities at Clevedon Pier and proposals to renovate the neighbouring Royal Pier Hotel can be seen in all their glory in this fly-by graphic video.
Proposals for both the projects have been given the go ahead by North Somerset Council and it is hoped they will revitalise Clevedon’s seafront and secure the future of the pier.
Designed by O’Leary Goss Architects, the plans will see a glass structure created at the land end of the Grade I-listed Victorian pier to include a tea room, toilets and education facilities.
Also devised by O’Leary Goss Architects, the development of the Grade II-listed Royal Pier Hotel will see it converted into 17 luxury apartments with the addition of a new modern extension.
The Marine Parade building has been empty for 10 years and it is hoped its new owners, Freemantle Developments, will be able to breathe new life into it.
The hotel conversion could be completed by mid-2012.
In the meantime, the Clevedon Pier Trust now has the task of raising �1million for its project and it is hoped work can start on this development in spring 2012.
- 1 A-level results 2022: Backwell School celebrate 'fantastic grades'
- 2 A-level results 2022: Students at Gordano School 'fly high'
- 3 A-level results 2022: 'Outstanding grades' at Clevedon School
- 4 Prestigious new development of one, two and three-bedroom apartments
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 New 24-hour gym to open in Portishead
- 7 Council and First Bus agree to save X5 service
- 8 Lib Dem councillors demand First Bus bosses 'reverse cuts now'
- 9 Deal means Portishead to Bristol rail line will open in 2026
- 10 Cleeve cement lead at top of table as batters shine on winning weekend
* To see previous stories on both buildings follow the links at the top of the page.