Five things to do in North Somerset this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Rewilding projects, a farmers’ market and a 10k fun run will take place in the district.
- A farmers' market will be held in Clevedon in Queen's Square tomorrow (Saturday) from 9am to 12.30pm.
The market takes place on the fourth Saturday of each month and people can browse through more than 14 stalls of produce on the day.
Traders including Lower Failand Organic Farm, Somerset Venison, Cleeve Real Pork, Times Past Cheese Dairy and Winnies Bakery will be in attendance.
- Clevedon Ramblers will walk seven miles around Weston on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Walkers are asked to meet at Clevedon's Barn Car Park, in Great Western Road, at 9.30am to catch the X5 bus.
The group has around 160 members and about 15 walkers take part in the trails every weekend.
- 1 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus
- 2 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 5 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 6 Impressive, four-floor detached house with sea views
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Flying club to stage 24-hour flight simulation for charity
- 9 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 10 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- A rewilding project in Nailsea will see 289 trees planted in Pounds Lane on Saturday at 9.30am.
Volunteers will meet at the end of the cul-de-sac in Moor End Spout.
Similar projects run by North Somerset Council will see trees planted in Nailsea in Sedgemoor Close on Sunday at 9.30am and Trendlewood Way Park on the same day at 2.30pm.
- Turn The Tide has organised a beach clean in Portishead on Sunday.
Volunteers will meet at the sailing club, in Belton Road, at 10.30am.
Pickers and gloves will be provided.
- A 10k fun run around the Tyntesfield site in Wraxall will take place on Sunday from 9-11am.
Last registration is at 8.45am.
Entry is free but a £3 parking charge applies.