Five things to do in North Somerset this weekend
- Credit: Archant
People can watch a musical, attend a concert and get stuck into a Mothering Sunday workshop over the weekend.
- Bird expert Ed Drewitt will lead a dawn chorus walk around Abbots Leigh at Leigh Woods, in North Road, on Saturday at 5.30am.
Entry, priced £11, is available on 03442 491895 or online at www.nationaltrust.org.uk/leigh-woodsEd describes himself as a naturalist, author, broadcaster, tour leader, photographer, public speaker, bird ringer, zoologist and more.
- Shrek, The Musical will be performed at Clevedon community centre, in Princes Road, until Sunday.
The musical is hosted by the Clevedon Light Opera Club and shows will take place on Saturday at 2.30pm and 7.30pm and on Sunday at 2.30pm.
Tickets, priced £10, are available at www.ticketsource.co.uk- Nailsea Concert Orchestra's next concert is on Saturday in Nailsea at St Francis Church Hall, in Ash Hayes Road, at 7.30pm.
A pre-concert talk starts at 6.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £12 on the door, or from Nailsea Music Shop, in High Street. The concert is supporting Ravenwood School's new sports hall project.
- A ladies' night in aid of charity Vine Counselling Services will be held at Wrington memorial hall, in Silver Street, on Saturday from 6.30-9.30pm.
- 1 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus
- 2 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 5 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 6 Impressive, four-floor detached house with sea views
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Flying club to stage 24-hour flight simulation for charity
- 9 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 10 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
Jewellery, spirits and handmade crafts will be available to buy on the night.
For more information, visit www.vinecounselling.org- A Mothering Sunday kids and grown-ups craft workshop will be held at Congresbury Middlecombe Nursery, in Wrington Road, on Sunday from 11.30am-12.30pm.
Tickets, priced £8 per child, are available at www.middlecombenursery.co.uk or on 01934 876337.